Your home is the perfect place to add a few luxuries. You can go big and remodel the entire house, or you can stick with one or two upgrades — it’s up to you. Below are four luxury upgrades to consider for your home. Each will not only add value to your home but will also improve your life.
Being eco-friendly is great for the planet, but it’s also good for you. You can achieve green living using one or more of the luxurious ideas below:
- Use recycled or reclaimed materials. Not only are they environmentally friendly, but they’ll also add a rustic look to your home. Consider using lumber from old warehouses to make beams and flooring, for example.
- Purchase energy efficient windows, including smart window technology that tints your windows with a touch of your smartphone.
- Use solar or geothermal energy to heat and cool your home.
- Replace old appliances with energy efficient ones.
Modern and Sleek Kitchens
The kitchen is a great place to add luxury to your home since it’s usually the hub. Consider upgrading the flooring to slate, travertine or even granite.
Metallic-covered cabinets and brushed aluminum islands are popular now — and very chic. Dark woods go beautifully with stainless steel and chrome hardware.
Luxurious touches make your home your favorite place. Go beyond the home gym or media room with these ideas:
- A steam room or meditation studio
- Home bar for entertaining
- Wine tasting room
- Even a cigar lounge…
Bathrooms can be transformed into home spas with some luxurious upgrades. Think beyond jacuzzi tubs — large showers, steam showers and standalone feature tubs are popular right now. Also, add aesthetics such as sleek cabinets, marble counters, under-flooring heating, and a sauna for a truly luxurious experience.